Friday, January 27, 2012

A fresh start

We've had a busy month. A really busy month. Some of it planned, some of it not so much.

We had friends visit from interstate and overseas. We've been on holidays. And we've had some unfortunate events occur in our family - one being the death of my Grandfather, the other a tragic accident which put my nephew in hospital for a couple of weeks.

I started out this year thinking I would be healthier, relax more, and generally focus on my little family a bit more. This hasn't happened. Instead I've drunk too much alcohol, eaten too much bad food, not exercised and been super cranky with pretty much anyone in my path!

So I'm making a pledge to get back on track. As of today, things are settling down. Our friends have gone home, holidays are over, school goes back next week, my Grandfather's funeral has happened and my nephew is home from hospital and on the mend. Time to start looking after me again. 

All that stuff I've been saying in my family motto about slowing down etc, I need to take that advice!

Just putting it out there... It feels good to get it off my chest

If you're looking for me, I'll be hanging out here (I wish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment